Chelsea transfer news: Real Madrid send Eden Hazard ultimatum – Spanish press
The Belgian is expected to complete a switch to the Bernabeu this summer as Real seek a high-profile replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo, who joined Juventus earlier this month.
Hazard has issued numerous come and get me pleas to the La Liga giants, indicating that his time at Stamford Bridge may have come to an end.
Real have identified the 27-year-old as their priority signing after missing out on Mohamed Salah, Neymar and Kylian Mbappe.
But reports in Spain have suggested that Hazard’s dream move may not happen after all.
Nabil Fekir (Lyon) – According to reports in Spain, the France international is on Chelsea’s shortlist to replace Hazard if the latter joins Real Madrid
“Hazard’s dream move may not happen after all.”
According to Don Balon, a Spanish outlet famous for its outlandish transfer claims, Real and Chelsea are still miles apart in their valuation of the player.
The report states that Real are unwilling to pay any more than €150m (£133.6m), while Chelsea are demanding €200m (£178.2m).
Maurizio Sarri is desperate to hang on to Hazard as he looks to help Chelsea bounce back from a disappointing final campaign under Antonio Conte.
And Don Balon claim that Real have told Chelsea that they will end their interest in Hazard if a deal can’t be reached by the time the new Premier League season kicks off next weekend.
Despite suggestions that Hazard could leave, as well as Thibaut Courtois and Willian, Sarri remains confident that he can hang on to his star players.
He said: “It’s a pleasure to have Courtois, to have Willian, to have Hazard, but it (their futures) doesn’t depend on me, not only on me.
“So, we have to wait. I’m confident.”
Sarri’s season gets underway on Sunday as his side take on Manchester City in the Community Shield at Wembley, before they visit Huddersfield on August 11.